HYGEIA Hospital is the first large Private Hospital that has operated in Greece since 1974, and is currently one of the largest private hospital units in our country.
It was founded in 1970 by a group of Greek physicians; their aim was creating a model hospital in Greece. HYGEIA Hospital has gradually alleviated the shortcomings of the Greek National Health System. HYGEIA Hospital throughout its thirty-plus years of operation continues to lead the way; its main objective is the provision of high quality services and the development of an integrated network of Health services in Greece and abroad.
HYGEIA was the first hospital in Greece to undertake a heart transplant operation, the first to treat an HIV patient, and the first throughout Europe to carry out implantation of radioactive particles in prostate cancer. In addition, the successful separation of Siamese twins in May 1989 provided two people with an independent personal life.
Be the reference organization for health care services in Greece and also one of the best hospitals in Europe.
To work consistently and persistently to achieve our vision, through:
- Providing high quality services, accredited by international standards
- Providing continuous education and training to all our clinical staff and other health professionals, including our key business partners
- Investing in new technologies and techniques, based on international best practices and professional standards
- Being an excellent employer to our staff
- Exhibiting an integrated Social Responsibility Program, through focused actions, assuming responsibility for the market, the environment, our staff and our country
- Disseminating our best practices and know-how, when and where deemed useful or necessary
Workpackage Leader of:
- WP3 e-Personalized Health Record
- WP8 Pilot Verification
Contributions as workpackage member in:
- WP1 User Requirements & Functional Specifications
- WP2 Infrastructure for Cloud
- WP5 e-Orders & e-Prescribing
- WP6 Quality Assurance, Integration & Pilot Testing and Validation
HYGEIA Hospital offers among others:
- A unique gamma-KNIFE Brain Radiosurgery Department in Greece, with Leksell Gamma Knife® PerfexionTM
- The first PET-CT (Positron Emission Tomography) Department in Greece
- A fully equipped Radiation Oncology Centre with modern robotic Linear Accelerators (ELEKTA Axesse, Synergy, Platform)
- A state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit as well as an Intermediate Care Unit
- One of the most modern Organ Transplant Units (bone marrow)
- A One-Day Surgery Unit (ODS)
- The largest Department of Interventional Neuroradiology and Cerebral Aneurysm Embolization.
- The unique Da Vinci®S Robotic Surgery System,
- A most advanced Neurosurgical System: Robot-assisted microscope PENTERO connected to neuronavigation system Stealth Station for brain tumour resection
- A One Day Treatment Center
Hygeia’s Hospital's primary goal remains the provision of high quality services at the cutting edge of medical science and technology, as well as the development of an integrated network of Health Services both in Greece and abroad.
Spyros Kosmas, Financial Officer